What does it mean if a chiropractor is rated as "Advanced Proficiency" with Activator Methods International?
Well, it is the highest honor bestowed on a chiropractor whose goal is to serve patients with a thorough chiropractic analysis at every visit and to treat patients with research-tested low-force chiropractic adjustments.
Activator Methods only bestows Advanced Proficiency Ratings on doctors who demonstrate knowledge of the technique through written and practical testing, who are committed to using the Activator Methods technique to serve patients, and who continue their education in the Activator Method on an annual basis. This means that patients who are treated by an Advanced Proficiency chiropractor can be confident that their doctor has the latest knowledge, tools, and resources for their care.
Did you know that Dr. Kyle Johnson is the only chiropractor in Peoria to be rated as "Advanced Proficiency" by Activator Methods? Contact us today with comments, questions, or to schedule an appointment!
The beauty of blog analytics is the simplicity of finding out which pages are the most popular. If you have ever wondered (as I have) which of the Johnson Family Chiropractic pages have received the most views since January of 2012, you need to wonder no longer! Here are the top 7 most popular pages on Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria (excluding the home page):
7. Hours. Every chiropractor has slightly different hours, based on patient preferences and insurance demands.
6. Contact Us. This page has a convenient form that goes right to the doctor. Any questions, comments, concerns, or inquiries can be confidentially written into this form. In fact, some patients even regularly schedule their next appointment right from this page.
5. Where to Carry Your Wallet. This has proven to be one of the most popular blog posts on the site. People instinctively know that carrying a wallet in their back pocket probably isn't the best idea, but often don't know why. This post lays out in detail the health effects of "wallet sciatica" and sitting on uneven surfaces.
4. Meet the Doctor. Having confidence in your doctor is extremely important. And almost even more important is knowing whether your doctor's personality will conflict or complement your own. This page lists Dr. Johnson's bio and community involvement, and features a video of Dr. Johnson. So before you ever step foot in the office, you'll already have a very good idea of Dr. Johnson's background and personality.
3. Activator Methods. Dr. Johnson specializes in this chiropractic technique, so it's no surprise that this page is the third-most-visited page on the website. The pictures on this page give a good sense of what an Activator adjustment looks like. And patients have many other initial questions: How does the activator work? Why does the Activator work? How does the Activator Method help a doctor know when to adjust, where to adjust, and when not to adjust? Why is Dr. Johnson the only Activator chiropractor in Peoria? Dr. Johnson is certified in the use of the Activator Methods chiropractic analysis and adjusting method.
2. The Towel Roll. This passive stretch for the cervical curve is extremely popular because of its simplicity, and that's why it is the most-visited blog post on Johnson Family Chiropractic. Check it out!
1. Chronic strep throat. This is the most frequently visited page on the Johnson Family Chiropractic website. Surprised? Chiropractic has a long track record in helping a variety of conditions other than back and neck pain.
I'm one of the lucky ones. I've never had a migraine.
I've had headaches. But a migraine headache is a different condition altogether, and is best thought of as a "syndrome" instead of a single condition. The Migraine Research Foundation has collected some fascinating facts and statistics regarding migraines:
About a month ago, I mentioned an important paper on the relative safety of chiropractic for spinal health care from the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress. This paper describes the proper role of chiropractors in health care, urging all people to try safe and non-invasive chiropractic care before attempting invasive techniques such as steroid injections or surgery.
Well, it looks like I'm not alone!
Chiropractic Economics is reporting that major media outlets all over the country are reporting and focusing on this paper as well:
"Because, after all,
A person's a person, no matter how small."
-- Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears A Who!
Little people need healthy bodies just as much as big people do! Parents instinctively know this, which is why I am often asked if chiropractic can be used for children, if chiropractic is safe for children, and if I am a child chiropractor.
To take those questions in order:
Can Chiropractic Be Used For Children?
Yes. Chiropractic can be useful for any creature with a nervous system (there are even pet chiropractors, since all animals have a nervous system). Chiropractic is used to help the brain and spinal cord relay their messages properly to all the organs of the body.
Since children are growing so rapidly, the coordination between their brains and bodies has to be precise. If there is any interference in the nervous system, their natural growth may be altered. This can occur as a result of toxins, autoimmune disorders, or even minor trauma, such as falling off a bike. Since children are usually highly active, they accumulate a host of minor bumps and bruises that, over time, can cause their nervous systems to perform at a suboptimal level, whether or not the child complains of symptoms. A simple, painless chiropractic adjustment can be just what children need to get their growth and bodies back on track. Child health issues often resolve quickly.
Less often, children may complain of headaches or chronic neck or back pain. When this occurs, a doctor of chiropractic should be consulted to rule out more serious conditions, but these ongoing symptoms may simply be the result of poor posture, video gaming, texting, sitting at desks, heavy backpacks, or other easily correctable issues. If these issues sound familiar to you, consider consulting with a child chiropractor in Peoria.
Is Chiropractic Safe For Children?
Yes! An expertly-delivered chiropractic adjustment is safe for infants, babies, toddlers, children... and all ages. Please check out our Children's Health webpage for statistics and research on the safety of chiropractic for children.
Where Can I Find a Child Chiropractor in Peoria?
You've already found one! Dr. Kyle Johnson of Johnson Family Chiropractic is experienced in treating children. After all, Dr. Johnson has five children of his own!
Dr. Johnson uses only the gentle, safe Activator Methods analysis and adjustment technique, modified specifically for your children. You don't have to worry about your child's safety, because your child will be able to lay comfortably on a table while the analysis and adjusting is performed. In fact, the Activator Methods technique is so quick and painless that children who come to Johnson Family Chiropractic enjoy their experience, and look forward to coming back again and again.
When looking into your children's health and wondering if a child chiropractor is right for you, rest assured that Johnson Family Chiropractic will do everything possible to ensure that your child receives excellent chiropractic care.
Unless otherwise attributed, all content is written by Kyle Johnson, DC, of Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria.
All images used are under Creative Commons license.
Although every effort has been made to provide an accurate description of our chiropractic care and its benefits, the information given on this website and blog is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, medical advice for any condition.
If you have any questions regarding your condition, you should seek the help of Dr. Johnson in person, so that he may properly assess your condition.
This blog is provided by Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria, PC, proudly located in Peoria, IL.