Tips To Boost Your Immune System
In Peoria, it seems, there are only two seasons of the year: flu season and road construction. Since we're moving into flu and strep throat season now, here are some tips to help your immune system:
- Just as vaccinations require booster shots, so too chiropractic adjustments should be performed regularly for proper neuroimmune function. Every person's body is different, but children should be seen every 1-3 months if asymptomatic, and adults ought to be seen every 3-6 weeks if asymptomatic. Prevention is the best medicine.
- A balanced and nutritious diet is essential for proper neuroimmune function. Nutritional deficiencies can cause breakdowns in immune communication.
- Regular exercise is essential for a well-balanced lifestyle. Lymph, an important fluid in the neuroimmune system, is moved along only by the contraction of muscles, as performed during exercise.
- Reduce the amount of stress in your life. Stress has a direct impact on neuroimmune function.
- Get enough sleep, especially during the night hours. "Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise," goes the old wisdom.
- Neuroimmune health is an ongoing process in a highly complicated system. Be skeptical of products which claim to boost immune system function without further lifestyle changes.
- Consult with Dr. Johnson about alternative methods of boosting your immune system.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Unless otherwise attributed, all content is written by Kyle Johnson, DC, of Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria.
All images used are under Creative Commons license.
Although every effort has been made to provide an accurate description of our chiropractic care and its benefits, the information given on this website and blog is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, medical advice for any condition.
If you have any questions regarding your condition, you should seek the help of Dr. Johnson in person, so that he may properly assess your condition.
This blog is provided by Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria, S.C., proudly located in Peoria, IL.