The winter storm that has blanketed Peoria with snow is being followed by bitterly cold arctic air. The current forecasts for Wednesday are projecting a high of -1 degree Fehrenheit with a dangerously low wind chill. Be safe!
The Red Cross of Central Illinois has compiled a list of warming centers in Peoria for anyone who needs a place to stay warm:
• Salvation Army Sylvia Fites Family Service Building, 414 NE Jefferson Ave. Open during the day, 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
• YWCA Day Center, 826 SW Adams St. Open seven days a week, until 9 pm.
• YWCA Emergency Cot Program, 714 Hamilton.
• Department of Human Services, 2301 NE Adams St.
There is also a site in Pekin:
• Department of Human Services, 200 S. 2nd St, Pekin
Other locations can be found at the Red Cross of Central Illinois website.
Unless otherwise attributed, all content is written by Kyle Johnson, DC, of Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria.
All images used are under Creative Commons license.
Although every effort has been made to provide an accurate description of our chiropractic care and its benefits, the information given on this website and blog is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, medical advice for any condition.
If you have any questions regarding your condition, you should seek the help of Dr. Johnson in person, so that he may properly assess your condition.
This blog is provided by Johnson Family Chiropractic of Peoria, PC, proudly located in Peoria, IL.